Wondering why you should attend? Here’s what you could miss:
- Our In-depth education sessions cover a broad range of timely topics. Check out the program for more information as it becomes available.
- Hands on pest identification sessions focused on key pests and diseases of horticultural crops.
- Field tours provide an up-close look at new varieties as well as cutting-edge crop protection strategies.
- Exhibits offer hands-on previews of the latest products, equipment and services to hit the market – plus time with the suppliers on the cutting edge of new developments.
- Multiple networking opportunities with other growers and industry professionals.
- Meals provided, (with pre-registration.)
Hands-on Pest ID Training
At this year’s Florida Ag ExpoSM, attendees will have the opportunity to participate in a hands-on 75-minute pest and disease identification sessions that focuses on key pests and diseases of horticultural crops. Leaving this session, attendees will be able to identify pests and diseases using a hand lens, microscope, and the naked eye. Participants will learn to identify common disease symptoms and signs associated with plant diseases; and how to identify natural insect enemies that help control insect pests including predators and parasitoids.
Each session is limited to 20 participants, and more information about the session specifics will be available soon. Want to know more? Contact Hugh Smith at [email protected] or Natalia Peres [email protected].
Hands down, the field tours are among the most popular features of the Florida Ag Expo. Led by a team of UF/IFAS researchers, you will see for yourself the latest developments from the plots adjacent to the GCREC, which are home to multiple studies covering the gamut of new varieties, crop protection methods, water conservation, and more!
Look for the covered wagons and grab a seat!